18 November 2009

"Dearly Beloved. We are gathered here today to get through this thing called life."


Thinking about the idea of settling down? Heres some food for thought...


My reasoning for blogging about this topic may appear to come from a bitter standpoint, but I can assure you its not. From being a Sociology major, literally studying insane amounts of marriage and divorce statistics, and asking friends and family (single, married, or divorced) their opinions I feel confident that it is better to wait until you are a bit older, and shall we say wiser, to say "I do."


Although I do want to settle down, get married, and have a family I've always told myself that I want to wait until I'm around thirty to do so. For me a big part of it is that I know that people change drastically from the time when they are experiencing their twenties till the time they thirty-ish. That being said, plus many other reasons, I'd say wait, get through your twenties and marry near thirty. I'm sure some of you aren't going to agree with me and thats entirely okay, but if you are thinking of taking that big step, or not, I encourage you to read the following articles:








No comments:

Post a Comment