05 January 2011

uninspired

Its been so long since I've actually written, since I've actually cared to write at all. It saddens me that I have little around me that inspires me right now. I shouldn't complain but I'm going to...I miss the crisp, dirty city air, I miss forever-sunny Brooklyn, I miss the overcrowded subways, I miss the people, all of them. Music, new music, every.single.day. Sick of this cookie-cutter-cultureless-island. I miss seeing something new everyday. Feeling something new, hearing something new, smelling something new. Something that touches my soul. I miss my friends and my enemies. I miss souvlaki at 3am and Thai food on a whim. I miss Craigslist missed connections and the commonplace of whiskey. Cowboy boots & hot pretzels. I want to walk outside and actually feel my surroundings. Brooklyn, Brooklyn take me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment