03 May 2009

Consumer Email

Like most Americans I am an avid consumer, and as I avidly consume I often find myself ranting, raving, or even questioning a product. Countless times Ive found myself saying "Im going to write to this company blah blah blah" but not once have I actually done so.

Today I came across a site called Minor Tweaks. Its a guy by the name of Tom Bartlett's blogspot dedicated to consumer emails AND responses. You may be asking yourself "Who cares what this dude has to say about random products?" but I kid you not, these emails are definitely worth a read. If you have any sense of humor at all you will enjoy these hysterical and sarcastic emails and responses.

Oh and if you dont have a sense of humor I heard you can buy one on Canal Street for pretty cheap, Recession Special perhaps. The author of these emails, Mr. Bartlett uses his wit and cleverness to make ordinary questions something to laugh about. Heres one for example that I personally enjoyed...

"CONSUMER E-MAIL: Gatorade

Dear Gatorade,

I recently tried your new flavor, Rain. It tasted just like rain -- only sweeter! Way to go! Have you considered offering an icy version of Rain? You could call it "Snow" or perhaps "Sleet." Also, in your advertisements you ask "Is it in you?" Just so you know: It's in me.

All the best,
Tom

[REPLY]

Tom:

We are glad to hear how much you liked Gatorade Rain. One of the brightest spots in our work week is receiving comments like yours. We have ways of measuring success, but none of them are as satisfying as hearing directly from you.

Please be assured that we will always do our best to produce high-quality products that you and your family will enjoy. We want you to know we do make Gatorade Ice, we have Gatorade Watermelon Ice flavor and All Star Ice Punch flavor. Please talk to your store manager to see if they can order it for you.

We appreciate your interest and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Geri
Gatorade Consumer Response"


So go ahead, do it, click on the link and laugh away. What else are you going to do on this rainy Sunday anyway?
Ohhh right.. you may be heading to Canal Street for that Sense of Humor Special.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment