18 March 2009

Alaska in Winter

Alaska in Winter is an American electronic band consisting of front man Brandon Bethancourt. I came across this one man band while perusing through Freewilliamsburg.com. He apparently put on an "artful performance" at Grasslands in Williamsburg, BK last Wednesday. After checking out his music its clear that I truly missed out on a great show. Bethancourt dropped out of art school in Albuquerque, New Mexico then "spent a semester in a tiny cabin out in the middle of nowhere Alaska recording music on a laptop during the winter," hence the bands name. He will be performing a few more shows in the states (sadly no more in NY) then is back off to Europe to finish off his tour, and finally will head home to Berlin, Germany. In addition to the video below, there is an awesome video on youtube entitled "Balkan Lowrider Anthem," it's a must see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin the song, reminds me of the "LP3" album by Ratatat and a little bit of Fischerspooner's "Odyssey"...

    So is this where I can learn all about the inner-craziness that of my far-away friend?

    ReplyDelete